APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 4 Rotational Drag Issue

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Palomares
Motion 4 Rotational Drag Issue
on Jun 30, 2012 at 12:31:51 am

Hi. When I try to apply the Rotational Drag behavior to an object that I've applied the Spin behavior to it always results in the object spinning in the reverse direction as soon as the Rotational Drag is out. It's as if there were a spring gathering force as the Rotational Drag is applied, and then releases when the effect ends. It happens to Spins at any spin rate. The increment for the spin is set to Continuous, and it happens regardless of the Amount set for the Rotational Drag. I do not have the Affect Subobjects box checked for the Rotational Drag. The Spin and Rotational Drag are both applied to a group of objects, and all of the objects in the group back spin when the Rotational Drag ends.

I need the objects to come to an even, slowed stop out of the spin. How can I fix the problem? or is there another solution besides using that behavior?

If you need any other info to answer the question let me know and I'll provide it.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion 4 Rotational Drag Issue
on Jun 30, 2012 at 12:59:11 am

Just use keyframes.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Carl Palomares
Re: Motion 4 Rotational Drag Issue
on Jul 9, 2012 at 8:30:42 pm

Forgive me. I left out one spec from the above description: the User level I am working with is Novice.

I'm afraid I don't know exactly how to use key frames in Motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]