APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion video appears fuzzy in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Kozlenko
Motion video appears fuzzy in FCP
on Jun 6, 2012 at 4:39:52 am

Hi guys. I am working on a 2-minute promo video, and I have used Motion for a big chunch of it. However, when I export my video from motion, and I import that MOV into FCP, the video appears a bit fuzzy and a tad more pixelated. However, it does not do that when I play the quicktime file.
I do not like how it is fuzzy in FCP, is there anything I can do to fix it? thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion video appears fuzzy in FCP
on Jun 6, 2012 at 5:13:13 am

Why export anything? Why not just drop your Motion project into FCP? If it looks fuzzy after rendering, go to Sequence > Settings, Render Control tab, and set Motion projects to Best.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Mike Kozlenko
on Jun 6, 2012 at 5:23:31 am

My Macbook Pro wont allow me to "round trip", not powerful enough for that, so I have to export parts as I work. Also, in FCP, when it plays, the image gets a bit darker and when it is paused, it goes back to normal. Is there no way to fix this? Or will it be fine upon export?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jun 6, 2012 at 2:33:40 pm

Does your clip in Final Cut need to be rendered? Is there any color above it. Chances are it is light green and once you render it it will be sharp. Did you set it to best when you exported it out? Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]