APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 5 rigging problem

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dirk de Jong
Motion 5 rigging problem
on May 30, 2012 at 4:33:25 pm

I find that if I include a parameter (in my case it's an FxPlug filter parameter) in a rig, but then I delete that rig and save my project, the parameter still shows the joystick icon and seems to think it is attached to a rig. The option of adding that parameter to a rig is now gone, and I don't know any way of resetting it except for deleting the filter instance and applying a new filter instance (which causes me to have to lose a lot of work I've already done in that filter instance). Does anyone know if this is a known bug and if there's a "good" workaround once this has happened ?

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Motion 5 rigging problem
on May 30, 2012 at 5:06:03 pm

Yes you have to first remove the parameter from the rig before you delete the rig.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on May 30, 2012 at 5:52:00 pm

thanks for confirming - do you know if it's already been reported as a bug ? Maybe I should report it just in case it hasn't - seems like it would be worth fixing.

Return to posts index

Dirk de Jong
on Jul 5, 2012 at 9:27:17 pm

FYI - it looks like perhaps this is fixed now in the latest Motion Update - I was able to delete a rig containing a param without first disconnecting the param and the param became free to use in other rigs etc. Glad to see it fixed - twas a real b!tch

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]