APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Framing behaviours - are they supposed to persist beyond their duration?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gareth RandallFraming behaviours - are they supposed to persist beyond their duration?
by on May 28, 2012 at 2:18:19 pm

I've used a 12-frame framing behaviour to zoom in on a text object. After the behaviour ends there is a 25-frame pause. I then want the camera to stay still while I move that text off the screen, but when I try to move it, it's still being affected by the framing behaviour (even though it ended 25 frames ago), so it's staying in the centre of the screen and everything else is moving around it.

Is this expected behaviour or a bug? Do framing behaviours persist beyond their duration in the timeline?

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Framing behaviours - are they supposed to persist beyond their duration?
by on May 29, 2012 at 1:23:17 am

Yes they are supposed to work that way - a new behavior will take over from the current one. For your situation, just use a deactivated "dummy" layer, like a shape, as the framing source object - that way you can mover your layers, leave the dummy alone, and the camera will stay where it landed.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Gareth RandallRe: Framing behaviours - are they supposed to persist beyond their duration?
by on May 29, 2012 at 6:37:41 am

Thanks Mark. Null object time!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]