APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 5 Compatabilitie

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Devine
Motion 5 Compatabilitie
on May 23, 2012 at 8:18:27 pm

I Have a project that requires me to use a template from Motion 4 or 5 and need some advice as to which route I should go.

I tried just downloading Motion 5 for 49.00 and it tells me I will need a new Graphics card. My Question is if I get a 64 bit card will my current Final cut Pro run smoothly on it. What GFX Card would you recommend?

I also have just thought to get an Upgrade on the Final Cut Studio so I have Final 7 and Motion 4. But can not find it for sale any longer.

I currently have:

Mac Pro Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.8GHZ
2 processors equal 8 cores
6GB Memory

ATI Radeon HD 2600

Final Cut 6.0.3
Motion 3.0

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
Re: Motion 5 Compatabilitie
on May 23, 2012 at 11:25:52 pm

Final Cut Studio, to my knowledge, is no longer sold (new). You might find copies on Ebay or similar sites, but for the price you could get the new Final Cut Pro X and Motion 5 (sounds like you already bought M5).

But FCPX says it requires an OpenCL compatible video card, which I believe means the Radeon 4870 and higher. Check prices at Apple's store for the 4870, 5770 and 5870 and decide which is best for your budget. I believe (don't quote me) that all 3 should work with your Mac Pro.

If you prefer the classic interface of Final Cut Pro 7, then I think Final Cut Studio 3 (FCP7 + Motion4, etc.) should run on your Radeon 2600 card, but not as well as FCPX and Motion 5 would run on a 5xxx card.

Return to posts index

Russ Haskell
on May 28, 2012 at 12:59:14 am

AFAIK, FCS 3 can still be purchased from Apple, over the phone, at 1-800-myapple.

Russ

Return to posts index

Michael Devine
on May 28, 2012 at 4:52:29 am

Thx I will give apple a call then.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]