APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael BarnesColor Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
by on May 18, 2012 at 6:59:29 pm

Hi,

I used a greenscreen matte in Apple's Motion 4 (Primate RT). After keying in the background image, I fine tuned the spill suppression but the subject's skin color still has a red hue to it.

I added color correction balance filter but the controls are red, green, blue for highlight, shadows and midtone. Is there a way to bring up the color wheel like the Color Corrector 3-way in Final Cut Pro? I adjusted the red, greens and blues but I can't seem to get the skin tone right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
by on May 18, 2012 at 8:07:27 pm

Was the subject "red" before you keyed it?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Michael BarnesRe: Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
by on May 18, 2012 at 8:16:45 pm

No, Stephen, the subject was shot properly. He was a little overexposed. Is there a color chart wheel in Motion color correction filters similar to FCP?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
by on May 18, 2012 at 8:26:10 pm

Reduce the Spill suppressor, by default it changes green to a red.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

by on May 18, 2012 at 9:04:03 pm

Forgot to ad, there is not a 3-way color corrector filter in Motion. That was one of the things I really wanted added to Motion.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
by on May 18, 2012 at 9:15:38 pm

The Color Balance filter in Motion 5 comes very close to being a 3-way color corrector, check it out

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]