APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Barnes
Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
on May 18, 2012 at 6:59:29 pm

Hi,

I used a greenscreen matte in Apple's Motion 4 (Primate RT). After keying in the background image, I fine tuned the spill suppression but the subject's skin color still has a red hue to it.

I added color correction balance filter but the controls are red, green, blue for highlight, shadows and midtone. Is there a way to bring up the color wheel like the Color Corrector 3-way in Final Cut Pro? I adjusted the red, greens and blues but I can't seem to get the skin tone right.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
on May 18, 2012 at 8:07:27 pm

Was the subject "red" before you keyed it?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Michael Barnes
Re: Color Correction in Motion 4: Correcting Red Skin Hue after Chroma Key Greenscreen
on May 18, 2012 at 8:16:45 pm

No, Stephen, the subject was shot properly. He was a little overexposed. Is there a color chart wheel in Motion color correction filters similar to FCP?

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 18, 2012 at 8:26:10 pm

Reduce the Spill suppressor, by default it changes green to a red.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on May 18, 2012 at 9:04:03 pm

Forgot to ad, there is not a 3-way color corrector filter in Motion. That was one of the things I really wanted added to Motion.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on May 18, 2012 at 9:15:38 pm

The Color Balance filter in Motion 5 comes very close to being a 3-way color corrector, check it out

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]