APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Show Full View Area not working in Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leon Letkeman
Show Full View Area not working in Motion 5
on May 2, 2012 at 10:06:20 am

I can't see any of the clips that I have placed in a Motion 5 project that are off the canvas. I have selected "Show Full View Area" but they are still invisible unless they are selected.

How can I see all of my clips, text, shapes, etc. that begin off canvas? I want them to move onto the canvas so I need to work with them and see the changes relative to the other objects.

I searched the forums and no-one else seems to have this issue.

Thanks,

Leon

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
Re: Show Full View Area not working in Motion 5
on May 3, 2012 at 1:38:31 am

If you're working with a camera in your project, you should have your 3D View Tools at the top-right of your viewer. These include pan, orbit and dolly so you can move about your entire stage to view all your objects.

Return to posts index

Leon Letkeman
on May 3, 2012 at 2:28:24 am

Thanks for your suggestion, but the 3D view options are grayed out even though I've selected the group to be a 3D group.

Show Full View works fine in my Motion 4, but it does not work in Motion 5. I've included screenshots to help explain. I don't see ghosted images of clips when they are off the canvas in Motion 5. I do see what I want to see in Motion 4.

Has Motion 5 changed the way Show Full View works, or is my Motion 5 broken?

Thanks again!

In Motion 5 no ghosted reference image:

In Motion 4, Ghosted reference image:

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
on May 3, 2012 at 2:39:14 am

What happens if you add a camera (from the lower toolbar in Motion 5) and put the whole project into 3D mode instead of just the group?

Return to posts index

Leon Letkeman
Trashing Preferences fixed it. Re: Show Full View Area not working in Motion 5
on May 3, 2012 at 2:41:50 am

Now I feel silly. I failed to try the troubleshooting 101 on Macs which is trashing preferences. I trashed preferences and VOILA!

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: Trashing Preferences fixed it. Re: Show Full View Area not working in Motion 5
on May 23, 2012 at 5:12:41 am

[Leon Letkeman] "I trashed preferences and VOILA!"

Yup, I need to do this fairly frequently in Motion 4. What usually happens is that the "Show Full View Area" option gets greyed-out. Trashing prefs brings it back.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]