APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Rigging position values for different snapshots

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don EitnerRigging position values for different snapshots
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 5:23:04 am

I've created a Motion 5 template (an Effect) and successfully set up snapshots for it to work in 16x9 or 4x3 mode. I'm now adding a rig (a pop-up) to allow selection of an on-screen item's position to be top-left, bottom-left, top-right or bottom-right. However I cannot find a way to set the x,y position values independently for the 16x9 and 4x3 snapshots -- any setting I make while in one snapshot affects the other. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Rigging position values for different snapshots
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 1:26:09 pm

What you'll need to do is put each of those items in a group, and use the group's position values to adjust each of the snapshots.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Don EitnerRe: Rigging position values for different snapshots
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 4:04:21 pm

Thanks Mark, that's what I did. There are 2 objects which are in a group and I am setting the group's x,y position within the rig. But the position I set when working in the 4x3 snapshot carries over when I switch back to the 16x9 snapshot.

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Rigging position values for different snapshots
by on Apr 13, 2012 at 4:08:08 pm

That's the problem - you can't use the same parameter in both the rig AND the snapshot. So if you are already using the group's position parameters in the rig (I assumed you were using the layer itself), then put the group in ANOTHER group and use THAT group's position parameters in the snapshots.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Don EitnerRe: Rigging position values for different snapshots
by on Apr 14, 2012 at 1:30:53 am

Unless I'm missing something (quite possible) I only see how to set one position in the snapshot for the new outer group (the group containing the group which has the 2 on-screen elements). I don't see how to rig the 4 positions (top-left, bottom-left, top-right, bottom-right) other than using a rig.

I guess to clarify, when I'm talking about a snapshot, I'm talking about the project-level snapshot, not a snapshot on the rig. I don't know if I was clear about that.

This is my first time trying to post a file to these forums -- I'm a little lost doing it, I hope this works. This is my .moef file.
3986_oldschoolcamcorderblinkingrec2.moef.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]