APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

World Map Content

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucky HaskinsWorld Map Content
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 1:01:02 pm

Hey Kids...

I have a 10 second segment in a film I am doing where I have to call out 5-6 countries on a world map...China, Dubai, Brazil, etc.

Does anybody have any ideas as to where I can get map or globe content for Motion? I need something to start with before I can figure out how I can do the country call outs.

I am a bit stymied on this one.

L

Return to posts index

Chris LehmannRe: World Map Content
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 8:47:09 pm

Here is a link to a free plugin to generate a 3D globe right out of Final Cut or Motion. It has all kinds of parameters you can adjust and animate.

http://www.idustrialrevolution.com/idrplugins/freebiepack1/index.html

I'd use this to start, then freeze over the regions you want to highlight and warp/draw a map over them and composite it in. This is probably the easiest way to do this without using real 3D software.

Good luck! Post it here when you are done if you can!

Return to posts index

Chris LehmannRe: World Map Content
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 9:25:18 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention these plugins are for FCP7 and Motion 4. If you are using Motion 5 you are out of luck with this one.

Return to posts index

Lucky HaskinsRe: World Map Content
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:18:00 pm

Thanks for the link Chris. Your post reminded me that I actually have an FX factory plug in with Globes (one of the Japanese plugs). I just checked and that particular plug does work in Motion 5. I know exactly what I can do and am good to go. Thanks again!

L

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]