APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Reverse behavior in 3D

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
naor yuvalReverse behavior in 3D
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 1:19:30 pm

Hi,

I have a logo made out of many shapes that I wish to fly on a path as a swarm, followed by the camera and have the pieces move into place at the end of the clip.

I have started from the assembled logo, added random motion and a motion path. however, to reverse it all I need to create a duplicate layer, add a reverse behavior and have the camera follow it.
The problem is that creating a duplicate layer makes a 2D layer of the motion and flattens the Z axis.

The other option I see is to keyframe the entire animation however the logo has MANY shapes and that would take forever.

can anyone advise of a better way?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Reverse behavior in 3D
by on Apr 3, 2012 at 2:44:01 pm

You can try cloning the full animation (put it all in a group and clone the group) and then retiming the clone to reverse it - however, with a 3D animation, sometimes the clone won't look correct due to flattening. Your other option is to export the full animation as rendered movie, bring it back in, and reverse it.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

naor yuvalRe: Reverse behavior in 3D
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:27:56 pm

Thanks Mark.

Reverse does not work with a group only a clone-layer which flattens the 3D into 2D.
I ended up exporting to clip and reversing in FCP.
I still find it annoying that motion has no solution for this common workflow issue

naor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]