APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 4 - Link "NI flip" to control points or what?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Ackerman
Motion 4 - Link "NI flip" to control points or what?
on Mar 6, 2012 at 6:44:10 pm

An object (delivery truck) traveling on a circular (but bumpy with control points) bezier motion path needs to vertically flip its image on that track once in each hemisphere to appear to follow the road without appearing upside down at some point.

It also needs to follow the twist & turns in the "road" which is accomplished with the "snap alignment to motion" behavior. The bezier path is drawn so that it goes off frame once in each quadrant in order to switch the view and provide a more interesting view than just constant circular motion.

I have discovered the "NI flip" behavior in "image units- geometry" which will provide the image vertical flip required, but I have yet to figure out how to link that (with the "link" behavior) to 2 control points (# 11 & # 4) on either side (out of frame) on the path.

If it matters, this is part of a title screen using Live Type for the title text. The Truck is in a separate group from the title text and has 2 behaviors (motion path & snap alignment to motion) as can be sen in the screen grab below).

Is that the right approach to get the image flipped? I have tried to use the "link" behavior but have not been successful at linking it to the control points mentioned.

What am I missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ken

Mac Pro 8 core, 14 Gram, 4TB hd's, Osx 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), Final Cut Studio 3, ad nauseum

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]