APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion5 and Final Cut Pro X drop zones trouble

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Monica LilleengenMotion5 and Final Cut Pro X drop zones trouble
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 3:48:11 pm

Hi
I have been searching all over for solutions, but can find any. Trying here, for the first time :)
I am working with a Motion project for an award show, and want a template/generator for using in the different categories. I´ve made a nice floating background with some text, and added 3 drop zones (3 nominees in each category).

Now - if I use it as a generator in FCP X, the audio from the .mov-files disappear when in drop zones - the drop zones seems to only accept video? Also, bigger problem, the first drop zone plays video (but no sound), but the two others only display a still image, the last frame in the clip (there was another person here some months ago with the same issue, but there where no sollutions?)

If I skip FCP, and only use Motion5 for my project - I add .mov files to the drop zones, but the audio doesn´t follow. It´s there, but all the audio files puts themselves in the beginning of the project, they doesn´t seem to link up to the drop zones.

(I´ve just "upgraded" to Motion5 and FCP X - I´ve used Motion3 and FCP6 earlier, but I got trouble with Motion3 after the new OS..)

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Motion5 and Final Cut Pro X drop zones trouble
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 3:57:57 pm

Drop Zones only use video, no audio. You can add the audio separately in FCPX by connecting it to the primary story line.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Monica LilleengenRe: Motion5 and Final Cut Pro X drop zones trouble
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:51:17 pm

Thanks, Mark. :)

But I am sure that drop zones used both video and audio before? Maybe only in Motion3?

Still - only the first of my three drop zones seems to work in FCPX... Strange?
Then I´ll have to try to make everything in Motion, syncing the audio clip manually with the video in the drop zones, maybe?

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Motion5 and Final Cut Pro X drop zones trouble
by on Feb 24, 2012 at 4:59:46 pm

No, they never supported audio.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>