APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Masking Question

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Nahroniak
Masking Question
on Feb 13, 2012 at 10:45:34 pm

I have this logo (see attached) that I am working with in Motion 4. Basically I want to have it move from left to the center of the screen. Thats easy, no problem. My question is how would I have the "everyday health" text move from left to center, then have the colorful ring wrap around the logo (as seen in the picture) once the animation is done? Basically I don't want to see the rings as the "Everyday Health" text slides across the screen. Once the text lands in the center, I would like the colorful rings to wrap around "day" one by one, as seen in the logo. I know I have to use a mask but I am confused on how to build this.

thanks!

Return to posts index

David Eaks
Re: Masking Question
on Feb 14, 2012 at 12:46:48 am

You could bring it into Photoshop and make each element that you want to manipulate a separate layer. "everyday Health" could be one layer, each colored droplet it's own layer and TM a layer. From there your free to do just about anything.

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
on Feb 14, 2012 at 5:57:18 am

My first thought was to have the droplets be a replicator using a Sequence Replicator to draw them on one at a time in the circular formation. However I'm still new enough to Motion myself that I can't enumerate the exact steps to make it happen, but it seems I've watched a video tutorial, probably on "the Tube" (not TV, heh), on doing a similar sequence replication.

Return to posts index

Stephen Nahroniak
on Feb 14, 2012 at 3:38:04 pm

Thanks. Any specific tutorials that will help?

Return to posts index

Don Eitner
on Feb 15, 2012 at 2:39:41 am

If you search on YouTube for "motion replicator" (without the quote marks) you'll find the ones I was thinking of; a couple there by Mark Spencer in particular come to mind -- one even has an animated "wheel" such as you mentioned.

Return to posts index

Anders Larsen
on Feb 15, 2012 at 11:43:24 am

A really simple way to do it is to make a circle with no fill and a wide outline, that covers just the droplets.
Then use that circle as an image mask, and animate "first point offset" to reveal the droplets.
Took 3 min. to do.

Mask reveal

My motion file is here.
3708_maskreveal.zip

Return to posts index

Stephen Nahroniak
on Feb 15, 2012 at 3:46:23 pm

awesome. A circle around each droplet?

Return to posts index

Anders Larsen
on Feb 15, 2012 at 4:09:30 pm

It's just one circle. It's center is somewhere on the "y" in everyday, and it's outline covers up the droplets.
Try to download my motion file. If you select the circle and look at the "Shape"-tab in the inspector you can see that the "First point offset" is animated with two keyframes, and that is really all that has been done in this animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]