APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Illustrator PDFs Breakup on playback

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Gabinet
Illustrator PDFs Breakup on playback
on Feb 4, 2012 at 11:53:06 pm

Hi All. This is my first post.

I've created a simple 16 second clip using 5 vector PDF logo's.The 3D camera essentially rotates 90 degrees each time as each logo scrolls onto the stage. When playing back in Motion everything works as it's supposed to. However after rendering to a .H264 movie, three of the logos play back perfectly and two breakup. Very frustrating. All PDF's are Illustrator CS5 in RGB. MacBook Pro, i7, 8Gb RAM. Here's a link to the YouTube:http://youtu.be/nsIOzEGj2q4

Cheers,
Richard

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Illustrator PDFs Breakup on playback
on Feb 5, 2012 at 12:06:03 am

I would try turning off fixed resolution, assuming the PDF's are large enough so that they remain crisp. That looks like a graphics card render error.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Richard Gabinet
on Feb 5, 2012 at 12:56:56 am

Thanks Mark.

Fixed Resolution was clicked "Off" already on all the logos. So I went and clicked Fixed Resolution "On" for each and the breaking up was resolved. However logos are now all pixelated. Yikes!

Here's the results:

Are you suggesting that rendering the same project file on another computer with a different graphics card could resolve the problem?

Cheers,
Richard

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Feb 5, 2012 at 1:38:13 am

Sorry, I meant to say turn it off. They are pixelated because their resolution is too low. If you rasterize them in Illustrator at a higher resolution to match your project, you won't need to turn off fixed resolution.

And yes, it may well render fine with fixed resolution turn off using a different computer.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Richard Gabinet
on Feb 6, 2012 at 2:53:22 pm

I followed Mark's advise and started by rasterizing the GMC logo to 300 dpi in Illustrator. The logo then played properly, however it was still pixelated - because the original was very small relative to the Motion canvas size. So then I sized it up to the actual finished size (so no scaling was required in Motion) and that did the trick.

Then I went back and scaled a vector version to 100 percent as well and to my surprise it worked!

I'm not sure if I was just lucky or if there's a relationship of Motion scaling these vector objects on the fly that was causing the problem.

On a related note, I recall that a CPU/Graphics processor has to work much harder moving and object "left-to-right" versus "right-to-left" or the other way around. I wondering if that principle was possibly causing the problem.

You can see the finished piece here:

Mark, thanks for your assistance on this. It's great to learn from a Pro.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]