APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Can an added layer conform to group duration automatically?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier ClarkeCan an added layer conform to group duration automatically?
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 8:36:55 pm

I want to add my media to layer groups in a way that when I add to any media to the group, the duration of the added media conforms to the duration of the group. Right now I have to always position the media (or filter/ behavior for that matter) and set the in and out to match the group I put it in. I'd like to avoid these mundane steps.

Tangier

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Can an added layer conform to group duration automatically?
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 8:41:32 pm

Media should start at the playhead position, unless you've changed that default behavior in preferences - so you can select your group and press Shift-I to quickly move the playhead to the group's In point, then add your media. You'll then need to select the group again, press shift-O to move to the end of the group, select the new media, press O to trim it to the playhead. I don't know of a faster way.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Tangier ClarkeRe: Can an added layer conform to group duration automatically?
by on Feb 4, 2012 at 9:00:41 pm

Thanks Mark. That's what I'm used to doing, except for the occasional time I don't have the playhead at the group in point. It was a long shot, I was just wondering if there was some sort of "snap-to-group" key combo or something. Wishful tinkling I guess.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]