APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Finding out which font is used in Automatic Font Substitution - Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark WatsonFinding out which font is used in Automatic Font Substitution - Motion 4
by on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:31:43 pm

Hello,

I made a mistake while building a project in Motion 4. I used a font, "Al Bayan", which turns out is a non-English font. At the time, It looked normal in my Motion project. I duplicated this text layer a bunch of times, and then duplicated that motion project as a template twice more.

It was only when I took my motion project to another machine that the font choose a different substituted font, when I realized for the first time that "Al Bayan" was not an English font, and that substitution had already been going on. I've already performed some huge exports, and some of these exports have been baked into FCP completed exports, so I don't have the option of going back and changing all the fonts to be the same. What I need to do now is find out what font Motion swopped out to on my original computer, so that I can change all layers going forward to be the same as my first exports no matter what computer I'm working on.

Is it possible to find out what font is being used?

Thanks,
Mark

Mac OS X 10.6.8 3.33 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 6GB 1333 MHz DDR3 FCS 2 (a.k.a. FCP 7.2 & motion 4) & FCP X and Motion 5

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Finding out which font is used in Automatic Font Substitution - Motion 4
by on Jan 27, 2012 at 4:51:00 pm

Why can't you just select the text layer and look at the HUD or the Text Inspector to see what the font is?

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]