APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

How start a clip in a specific frame in a drop zone?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corrado Magalotti
How start a clip in a specific frame in a drop zone?
on Jan 8, 2012 at 2:09:32 am

Hi all,
I'm new here, before posting my question, i would say happy new year to all the people in forum.

ok, i make a generator template in motion 5 to use in FCPX, this generator have got a drop zone where i can throw a clip to use in fcpx.
This clip movie it start always from frame 1, in motion i tried to move the left bracket of this drop zone to frame 50, to have got more headroom for clip, but movie still start on frame 1 and now appear at frame 50, losing the head of the movie.
is there a workaround to tell to this video to start at frame 50?

hope it explain clearly. :)
best
Corrado

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: How start a clip in a specific frame in a drop zone?
on Jan 8, 2012 at 9:31:15 am

In FCP7/Motion 4, you can make the video in a dropzone start on whatever frame you like by slipping it - just ALT-drag the the clip in the main timeline or the mini-timeline.

Return to posts index

Corrado Magalotti
on Jan 8, 2012 at 9:11:15 pm

Thank you, I'll try it. probably resolve it.
BTW No way to start a clip on a specific frame?

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
on Jan 9, 2012 at 4:59:42 am

[Corrado Magalotti] "BTW No way to start a clip on a specific frame?"

Two ways that I know of. Either drop the clip into the dropzone and then ALT-drag until the frame you want is at the head, or edit the clip in FCP so that it starts and ends exactly where you want it to, export and reimport it, and drop that into the dropzone.

EDIT - I've just had a play in Motion 4 and you can also just add the original full-length clip to the dropzone and then trim the dropzone in the timeline or mini-timeline so that it starts and ends where you want it to.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]