APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

How to make graphics/text change color when moving over others?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike SopranoHow to make graphics/text change color when moving over others?
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 5:50:43 pm

I have been trying to find an efficient way to have an image/font change color as it moves over another image in Motion 4. The background is black and text white and image grey. However when the text moves infront of the yellow pill the text should change to black and the image should change color. Would I achieve this with masks somehow? Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is an image of what I am trying to do, the yellow pill stays stationary while the calendar dates move over it.

Return to posts index

Andy NeilRe: How to make graphics/text change color when moving over others?
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 6:26:50 pm

I would do this with masks. Imagine two complete versions of your graphic. The bottom version has white text and grey graphic on a black background. The top graphic has black text with a blue graphic on a yellow background.

You then create a rectangle mask for the top layer in the shape you show in your image. That will reveal the yellow/color graphic only within the boundaries of the mask. Then you can animate the mask to reveal the other parts.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Mike SopranoRe: How to make graphics/text change color when moving over others?
by on Jan 4, 2012 at 6:42:49 pm

I fooled around with what you said and got it working, thanks a lot! Stll wraping my head around masks, this helps me to understand them better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]