APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Modern Family: Zoom Prior To Match Move Motion Tracking

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Terry Yarbrough
Modern Family: Zoom Prior To Match Move Motion Tracking
on Dec 23, 2011 at 12:05:08 pm

Just learning Motion 5. Trying to recreate the Modern Family TV show intro using my own family members. All scenes shot and loaded. Motion tracking using Match Move works fine for placing each scene into the picture frame being held in the next scene. The problem is creating the quick zoom of that first scene into the next scene PRIOR TO the Match Move motion tracking of the subsequent scene. When I do the Match Move motion tracking it applies to the entire track no matter where I place the playhead on the timeline. It need to begin with a zoom of the scene into the next scene's picture frame. Hope thats clear enough to understand!

In case you are not familiar with the Modern Family intro:

Terry

Return to posts index

Terry Yarbrough
Re: Modern Family: Zoom Prior To Match Move Motion Tracking
on Dec 23, 2011 at 8:00:44 pm

Never mind...I figured it out myself. It was that little thing called "Mimic Source" in the "Match Move" dialog. Now I know how to do it!

Terry

Return to posts index

Sheree Wood
on Oct 23, 2012 at 7:22:12 pm

Terry - I am just learning Motion 5 as well and wanted to recreate Modern Family Intro. Can you outline how you did it, step by step? If you can give an overview of the steps, that would be great. Thanks!

Sheree

Sheree Wood

Return to posts index

Terry Yarbrough
on Oct 23, 2012 at 9:38:32 pm

Sheree,

It has been quite a while since I did the video, so I have forgotten most of what I did, other than remembering that it was VERY complex. You can see what I did here:

http://www.terryyarbroughphotography.com/Videos/Christmas/23944049_HftTSL#!...

Even if I could remember, it would take me many hours to detail it. If some of it comes back to me I will drop you another response.

Terry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]