APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Green screen

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Robbins
Green screen
on Dec 20, 2011 at 4:12:13 pm

Hello,

As part of a video promoting a companies video department, they want to show they use green screen technology. They are having a presenter speak to camera with green behind them, and then when she clicks her fingers, a photograph appears as the background instead. However, the green screen behind them has some creases on it and they would like to replace it with a matte green.

I know how to do this using FCP and chroma keying, but I want to get in the habit of using Motion. Is there a way of using Motion Tracking to select the presenter and delete everything else, then adding a layer of matte green behind them?

P.s I have never used the Motion Tracking before, so may need it quite step-by-step if this is okay.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to suggestions

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Green screen
on Dec 20, 2011 at 5:38:45 pm

You woul not track this. You just need to create a mask that would be slightly bigger that the areas you want to cover, then you would animate the mask. This can be done every 5 to 10 frames depending on how much movement is in the shot than you would use a keyer to remove the rest of green screen. After that export your footage to FCP using apple pro Rez 4444 or animation codec with alpha.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Green screen
on Dec 20, 2011 at 5:51:32 pm

Which version of Motion are you on? The keyer in Motion 4 is not that good in my opinion. They added a Keyer to Motion 5.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Vimeo page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]