APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Apple Motion 5 White Flashes on Export

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis StewartApple Motion 5 White Flashes on Export
by on Dec 15, 2011 at 3:36:35 pm

I have an Apple Motion 5 project with numerous layers, camera and text. I am working on a 2008 Macbook Pro with Lion OS. It has 4 gb of RAM, and a 2.5 ghz intel core-duo. I have been trying to export my project to ProRes 422, and have even tried to do an image sequence. No matter what I do however, it comes out with a lot of random white flashes occurring on the video. Sometimes even the video flashes random blurps of distorted video. I have tried different codecs, but it keeps doing the same thing. And for further info, this is a Motion 4 project updated to Motion 5. It exported fine in Motion 4. If anyone knows an answer for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Travis

Return to posts index

Travis StewartRe: Apple Motion 5 White Flashes on Export
by on Dec 16, 2011 at 6:47:34 pm

Okay, I narrowed it down to my PSD background. It is the only part of the project that is flashing white when exported. Would there be a reason why a PSD file would act in such a way? Again, it worked fine in Motion 4, but not in Motion 5.

Travis

Return to posts index

Cliff LeeRe: Apple Motion 5 White Flashes on Export
by on Aug 26, 2013 at 10:43:23 pm

This probably still isn't relevant to you (as two years have passed) but I was having the same issue on my mid 2011 macbook pro (running Motion 5, not updated from 4 to 5). There aren't any solutions that I have seen yet, but if you restart your computer and try exporting again, there's a higher possibility that the white flashing glitch will not occur. I recently have been exporting 3-10 second clips, and sometimes i have to restart my computer twice or three times before it exports without any hitches. Hope this helps anyone else.

Return to posts index

Chris OliverRe: Apple Motion 5 White Flashes on Export
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 8:54:19 pm

I too have had that issue. Personally I found it to be because of key framing opacity (effectively fading in and out of video clips).

Return to posts index

Cliff LeeRe: Apple Motion 5 White Flashes on Export
by on Aug 29, 2013 at 11:02:01 pm

Is there an official solution to this problem? Looking around, it seems that many people still have this issue persistently. I still have not found a real solution to the problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]