APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 4 text panel and toolbar issues

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Candice Young
Motion 4 text panel and toolbar issues
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:03:46 pm

Ok so I've ran into this problem when I add text to a project. I can can add text but the text tab in the inspector is greyed out. If I click on it then Motion completely wigs out and all the selections in the toolbar highlight at the same time and then any actions I make don't work and then I have to simply stop working on the project. I've trashed preferences several times and that does not seem to work. This is on my work computer and I guess the boss "lost" the discs so I can't re-install (if there were even discs to begin with). I'm hoping maybe there is something else out there to try and you guys and gals on here would be the ones to ask! Im doing this on the go so once I get home, I'll add my specs to provide more information. But I thought maybe this is a known issue.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Motion 4 text panel and toolbar issues
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:23:43 pm

I have never heard of this. Maybe it is the font? Do you have the latest updates? Of course, the best is to re-install Motion...sorry, I know you didn't want to read that part.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Candice Young
Re: Motion 4 text panel and toolbar issues
on Dec 9, 2011 at 8:34:37 pm

Thanks for the post Stephen! I've ran updates as well (sorry I forgot to mention that) and have tried different projects that had different fonts. I can't even get the HUD to work so I can't even change the font in a particular project but I've tried on other projects and used their font style and still get the same issue. As promised here are some specs on the computer, maybe the culprit lies there but Im sure it's a re-install fix that is required here...

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C
SMC Version (system): 1.58f16