APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Keep text size/font from Motion project

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Keep text size/font from Motion project
on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:22:41 pm

This is probably just an incredibly simple question, and perhaps I'm just tired and not thinking straight.

I don't use Motion very much, but now I'm using Motion 5, and I've created a very simple lower third with name/title blah blah blah.

My client gave me a Word document script with all of the people's names and titles scattered throughout it. When I copy from the Word document, and paste into my Motion project, the text is a different font and size from what I used in the Motion template. And I have to go and manually change them back to the correct font/size.

Is there a way to just make it match the font/size from my template during copy/pastes? Ideally, I'd just like to highlight the name in the template and paste in the new persons name without having to adjust the font/size every time. Because there is a lot of them.

Simple adjustment I'm missing?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
Re: Keep text size/font from Motion project
on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:27:20 pm

I'm on Motion 4 so not sure if this helps. Paste the Word Document into your e-mail or something and then copy and past it into Motion. In Motion 4 Word Documents will not change any of the font characteristics and you have to take it into the Text application to get it to do that.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:36:38 pm

Oops I figured it out, you can't paste directly onto the lower third, you have to paste into the text box in the Inspector. Then it maintains the font/size from the motion project. It was simple!

Thanks, though, Stephen, see you back at the film forum!
Scott

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 6, 2011 at 9:47:50 pm

That's great.

On a side note. What software to you mainly use for editing?

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:09:39 pm

I use FCP7, but when I do lower thirds I either just make them in FCP (if really simple ones needed), but mainly I make them in After Effects or Cinema 4D. Ventured into Motion territory almost on a whim, today!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Dec 6, 2011 at 11:22:19 pm

Cool.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved