APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Animation QT Clips being truncated upon import in Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Baldino
Animation QT Clips being truncated upon import in Motion 4
on Nov 26, 2011 at 9:06:09 pm

So I have a handful of short bumper graphics that I'm trying to import into Motion 4 so I can add transparency. The problem I'm having is that the clips, each between 4-6 seconds or so, are getting truncated when I import them into the project. The clips will play in their entirety in preview, but once they are added to the project the last second or two is cut off.

I've tried altering the project frame rate (clips are natively 23.98) but that doesn't work. Also, the duration of my project is the default 10 seconds so I know that isn't the issue either.

Another strange thing I've noticed is that at the top of Motion's file browser pane where the clip info is displayed, it shows an inaccurate length for the clip -- the same duration that the clip is playing for once imported. For example, in FCP, a clip will show (properly) at 06:02 (SS:FF), but in Motion it will show as 03:22, even though I can double click the clip in Motion's file browser and load it in a preview window and it will play in its entirety there.

Any thoughts welcomed!

John Baldino
Director/DP/Editor
GoboMedia, LLC
john@gobomedia.net
http://www.gobomedia.net (under construction)

"Philosophy is questioning without answers; religion is answers without questioning." - Anonymous

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]