APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Template Marker Issues

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Praveen NuTemplate Marker Issues
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 3:36:05 pm

Hi All,
I have created a Final Cut Effects in Motion. My .moef file has a duration of 360 frames. First 60 frames r an intro motion and next 300 frames, a loopable animation. I have placed a Build-In Optional Marker at frame 61 and a Loop Out marker at the end of the animation. When i apply the effect to a clip in FCP, its playing the intro first then the loop (N times) which is proper. But when i turn off the Build-in optional Marker check box, i get the same result!!!. Its not skipping the intro section. As per the Motion manual it should not play the frames before the marker.( And we'll get loop motion only). Any idea?

Thank you,
Praveen N U

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Template Marker Issues
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 3:38:42 pm

You can't combine build in/out markers with loop markers. It's one or the other.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Praveen NuRe: Template Marker Issues
by on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:21:39 pm

You can combine Build-in & Loop out. I checked it and its working. If i apply my 360frame Effects (60f intro and 300f Loop) to a 660 frame clip, it will play intro once then play loop twice.

"Project Loop End: Sets the last frame of the section to be included when the template is used in Final Cut Pro. When playback reaches this frame, the project plays from the beginning of the project or from the Build In marker, if present" - (Apple Motion Manual)

But you can't combine Build-out and Loop..bcs Setting a marker type to Project Loop End changes any marker set to a Build Out type back to Standard.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:27:21 pm

Yes, sorry, I wasn't specific enough in my response. The Loop marker overrides the build out marker.

--
Mark Spencer

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:28:48 pm

By the way, how did you force the loop marker to only loop the project twice? Or do you just mean that the clip length is such that it takes two loops to get to the end of the clip?

--
Mark Spencer

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:50:04 pm

I created a loopable animation (300 frames).Then i made an intro motion for that (60frame). 1 to 60 frame is the intro part. 61 to 300 is the loopable animation. I placed the Buil-In marker on frame 61 and Loop out marker on frame 300. Saved the file as .moef

Now if i apply it to a clip, it will play intro first, then loop.( If the clip duration is more than 360, it will play from 361 it will play loop only ( from build-n marker)

But i can't skip the intro part. As per their manual we can do it by selecting the checkbox off. The intro section is played only when the Build In checkbox is selected in the Final Cut Pro Inspector.
This part is not working for me.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 22, 2011 at 5:39:29 pm

Yes Mark. Build-In/Build-In optional(ON) + Loop combination is working for me.
Build-In optional (OFF) + Loop combination is not working.

It would have been great if it works as per their manual. If the user needs intro he can use it with checkbox ON and if he don't want the intro (need just loop or the frames between Build-In & Loop Marker) he can simply keep the checkbox OFF.

Unfortunately its not working :(

Now i have to keep a seperate file for Loop.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]