APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Use two distinct colours with sequence replicator

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter GordonUse two distinct colours with sequence replicator
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 9:22:34 pm

I am creating a bookshelf that sequence replicates on. It has 15 columns and 6 rows. The books are all currently blue (from the source cell). I would like to randomly have a few books to be a different colour (yellow). I tried pick from colour range but it has a range of different colours come up... I simply want two distinct colours (blue and yellow) without any shades in between.... Is this possible to create?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Use two distinct colours with sequence replicator
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 9:32:38 pm

Yes just edit the gradient editor so that it has two yellow tags and two blue tags. Move the inside blue tag very close to the inside yellow tag to create a sharp transition between the two.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Peter GordonRe: Use two distinct colours with sequence replicator
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 7:10:54 am

I have chosen pick from colour range with 2 blue tags and two yellow tags of the same colour and then moved the two closest tags next to each other so there is a sharp line between the two in the gradient editor. However my original blue book case now is a mix of dark blue and green. My original book (source cell) was a much lighter blue.

Sorry Mark I haven't quite got it yet. I also tried the interpolation setting to continuous as suggested by Andy but with no success. Thanks for your patience...

Return to posts index

Andy NeilRe: Use two distinct colours with sequence replicator
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 7:55:03 am

[Peter Gordon] "Sorry Mark I haven't quite got it yet. I also tried the interpolation setting to continuous as suggested by Andy but with no success. Thanks for your patience..."

Peter. Re-read my post. I did not suggest changing the interpolation to continuous. I said to change it to constant. Constant interpolation means that a gradient will keep one color constantly until it hits the next color tag and then it will change immediately to the next color without any mix between the two.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Peter GordonRe: Use two distinct colours with sequence replicator
by on Nov 5, 2011 at 9:27:34 am

Sorry Andy, my mistake... Will try correct suggested setting....

Return to posts index

Andy NeilRe: Use two distinct colours with sequence replicator
by on Nov 4, 2011 at 10:23:18 pm

In addition to what Mark said, there is an Interpolation parameter for the gradient editor. If you change the interpolation to constant, then books will either be one color or the other without any variance between.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]