APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Jagged frames in output video from Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Tan
Jagged frames in output video from Motion 5
on Oct 11, 2011 at 9:21:49 am

Forgive me if this has come up in the forum before, but I really couldn't find any related post.

Lately I have been experiencing a problem that there are jagged frames in output videos from Motion 5, that is, once every seconds there is a frame with small but noticable jagged pixels, kind of like the scraches on the old film, this really ruins the video clip and I am here asking if anyone has had similar problems and maybe there is a solution out there?

I run motion 5 on my Macbook Pro (mid-2010 model, 15 inch, 4G RAM, 2.66GHz Intel i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512MB), I used to have Motion 4 on the same machine and it never had that problem. Plus, same thing happens when I tried to output video from Imovie the other day as well.

On the other hand, I guess it may have to do with my hardware problem (RAM or Graphic Card), or my laptop needs a dust-clean.

Very much appreciated!

Andrew

How soon is now?

Return to posts index

Andrew Tan
Re: Jagged frames in output video from Motion 5
on Oct 14, 2011 at 5:18:40 am

Hey everyone, here is a sample of the broken frame, hoping it may make my question clearer:

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

How soon is now?

Return to posts index

Luis Portas
Re: Jagged frames in output video from Motion 5
on Dec 2, 2011 at 11:27:57 am

hi.
I have the exact same problem.
I'm running on an MBP 2.8Ghz i7; 4 Gb memory; with a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB; Lion OS.

This thing it totally random. I can export the same file 3 times, and those "corrupt frames" will show up in different parts of the movie.
Plus, I noticed that if I use Final cut (or any other program at the she time while I'm exporting it, those corrupt frames will be more frequent.

Did you find a solution to this problem?
thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]