APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Does Motion 5 offer any benefits over Version 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Mosner
Does Motion 5 offer any benefits over Version 4
on Oct 2, 2011 at 1:18:42 pm

Hi Folks

I was curious if Motion 5 is worth upgrading from 4. I've always enjoyed working with Motion. I don't plan on upgrading to Final Cut Pro X as we are moving to Adobe Creative Suite. After Effects is much more powerful then Motion but has a steep learning curve. Being that FCP X is off the table does Motion 5 offer any real benefits over 4?

Thanks Again,

Bob M

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Does Motion 5 offer any benefits over Version 4
on Oct 2, 2011 at 2:13:41 pm

Motion 5 is completely rewritten as a 64-bit application. It renders in 16-bit color space instead of 8-bit in Motion 4. It is fully color managed (it interprets color profiles). It has a fantastic new keyer.

Otherwise, there are not really any other new features.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Oct 3, 2011 at 2:45:27 pm

If you are moving to Adobe Premiere you may want to consider learning After Effects. In Premiere you can select clips and send them to After Effects like FCP can send to Motion. Make your changes and save the project so you no longer have to export out movies if you don't want to. That was the original reason I started using Motion was its round tripping abilities. But if you are on Premiere it round trips to After Effects and other Adobe products. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Robert Mosner
on Oct 4, 2011 at 7:29:47 pm

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your inputs. I've bought training DVD's from both of you and have learned a lot from them. Great Job! I decided for $49.00 Motion 5 is a great deal. Only issue... when I went to buy it a popup message said my Video Board is not supported (ATI 3870). I ordered the 5870 which should arrive today. Hopefully I'll be running Motion 5 this evening.

Thanks Again

Bob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]