APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Anime style action background / speed lines

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carey Martell
Anime style action background / speed lines
on Sep 27, 2011 at 5:42:39 am

I've been trying to find a way to make a stylish speed line background in Apple Motion but not having a lot of luck on my own, nor finding a tutorial or anything. I know the effect can be done in AE but I don't have AE. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm sure I'm not the first person to try to do this effect in Motion....I'd like to look as good as the speed lines in this video

Thanks.

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Anime style action background / speed lines
on Sep 28, 2011 at 6:16:53 am

Use clouds generator, animate parameters within generator (not sure from the top of my head whic parameter but there are only few so you will find it. You also need to apply directional blur to generator. I think horizontal blur not vertical, crank it really hard. You will get what you need.

Return to posts index

Carey Martell
on Sep 28, 2011 at 7:03:46 am

Thanks, that put me on the right track. I'm still unsure what behavior you are referring to but after following your instructions I manage to make something to what I wanted, but the lines weren't straight enough. I then went into the Scale settings under properties and cranked X up to 400% and got the lines straight. Looks amazing now. Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

zak peric
on Sep 28, 2011 at 3:47:10 pm

Pleasure.-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]