APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Setting Up A 3d Scene

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan PennySetting Up A 3d Scene
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 9:38:17 pm

Hey everybody,
I've watched the Lydia Essential Training and Ripple's Mastering Motion's Camera but I'm still kind've confused about something. I would like to set up several areas in 3d space with different scenes (vignettes?) but I keep getting lost and I'm not sure what the best way to navigate around is. Once the vignettes are set up, I know I can use the Frame Object tool to get to each of them, but are there any tricks you guys can share about setting the scene up? Or tutorials I can watch? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Setting Up A 3d Scene
by on Sep 21, 2011 at 9:57:20 pm

I think the Frame Object tool is great. Although you already know about it I would still take a look at this tutorial from Mark Spencer about using the F Key.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Ryan PennyRe: Setting Up A 3d Scene
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 12:18:48 am

Thanks Stephen,
I hadn't seen that one before. Definitely helps solidify how Frame Object works. I'm actually stuck at the step before that, laying out all my objects in the 3d space. All the tutorials I've seen start out with these perfectly laid out 3d scenes, I'd love to see how they were created. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 22, 2011 at 2:46:26 pm

You can always build the scene in a group and then move the group away and then build the next group. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Ryan PennyRe: Setting Up A 3d Scene
by on Sep 22, 2011 at 2:53:15 pm

Palm, meet forehead. Thanks Stephen. I was overthinking it. I still find it pretty easy to get lost in 3d space, but with your tip and some practice, I should be able to make it a little easier. Thanks.

Return to posts index

by on Sep 22, 2011 at 2:58:49 pm

Best of luck Ryan and have lots of fun.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]