APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Create Custom Keyboard Layout in Motion 4?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris King
Create Custom Keyboard Layout in Motion 4?
on Sep 7, 2011 at 4:45:09 pm

Is there any way to change the default keyboard layout in Motion 4, or any of the Motion versions for that matter? I find myself dying to change certain shortcuts but there seems to be no option that I can find to customize them. It seems like a really strange shortcoming for a program linked to such hyper-customizable platform (FCP). Any help?

One of my latest frustrations is that when I use the shortcut Opt+Cmd+D in order to turn on and off the depth of field, my computer instead locks and unlocks the finder dock at the bottom of my screen(!?). That particular Motion shortcut has worked up until now without affecting programs outside of it, so it's strange to have started now. I make sure to click into the canvas or browser to make sure Motion is the active window but no matter---it still just pops the dock up and down. And of course there is no apparent way to just change the shortcut to another keystroke nullifying the problem. argh

Anyway, thanks if anyone info on the issue.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Create Custom Keyboard Layout in Motion 4?
on Sep 7, 2011 at 6:28:25 pm

Nope but you can of course make your own macros with third-party applications if it's really getting in your way.

Noah

40% discount for Creative Cow users with code ccow2011 at Call Box Training.
Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]