APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Faulty Motion 4 Outputs with OS X Lion

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis StewartFaulty Motion 4 Outputs with OS X Lion
by on Aug 28, 2011 at 1:24:02 am

On two different computers (both Macbook Pros, both with OS X Lion), I have tried to output a graphic with the animation codec and with alpha. This always worked great until I upgraded to Lion. Now when it outputs, it has fragmentation, lines and all sorts of issues. It did this on both Macbook Pros. Has anyone else come across this, is there a way to correct this? Thank you.

Return to posts index

Don SmithRe: Faulty Motion 4 Outputs with OS X Lion
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 10:33:42 am

I too had output problems with Motion on both a Mac Pro and a new MacBook Pro.

In the case of the MacBook Pro, I had upgraded to Lion over an existing Snow Leopard installation. On the Mac Pro, I was still running Snow Leopard.

Since my laptop was new I decided to experiment and I zero'ed the drive and installed Lion. Then used Software Update to insure Lion was up to date. Then I installed FCPX and Motion 5. Nothing else. Now, Motion output is perfect. On my Mac Pro, still running Snow Leopard, Motion 5 still has faulty output.

Draw from that what you may. It appears that some other app is interfering but I can't be certain. Just telling you my story on the way it happened on how I got good output.

I left a message similar to this in another thread and asked others with the problem to share with me what other apps are running to see if we could identify the culprit but have had no takers. I had Adobe CS 5.5 Master Collection on both computers and haven't yet put it back on my laptop with its clean Lion installation, but that's my next step, although, I think it's unlikely that CS 5.5 Master Collection is the conflict.

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Don SmithRe: Faulty Motion 4 Outputs with OS X Lion
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 11:39:28 am

I also need to point out that FCP Studio 3 was also on both machines.

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Travis StewartRe: Faulty Motion 4 Outputs with OS X Lion
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 2:51:20 pm

What is funny about this is I just reinstalled and zero'ed out my Macbook Pro's hard drive right before installing Lion. I have both Motion 4 and 5 installed. Motion 4 is the one that is outputting incorrectly. Now here is the kicker - Motion 5 takes more then twice as long to output. And it doesn't even have the Animation codec. Am I missing something here? Why would it take so much longer to output from a program that is supposed to be faster? And did they really leave off the Animation codec?

Return to posts index

Travis StewartRe: Faulty Motion 4 Outputs with OS X Lion
by on Aug 29, 2011 at 2:52:55 pm

And I must point out as well, I do not have FCP X installed, just Final Cut Studio 3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]