APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion Title dissapears after rendering in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandra MunyanshozaMotion Title dissapears after rendering in FCP
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 1:02:23 pm

It's been my first time working with Motion. I've sent a clip to Motion from within FCP to create an animated title. The update in FCP when working on the title in Motion works fine, and it shows up with an orange bar in FCP. The problem is that when I render it in FCP, the title is gone, but the background is still there. I've exported the sequence, but even then the Motion title is absent. Sequence settings match and I'd like to keep working with the embedded function of Motion in FCP. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

I use Motion 4 and FCP 7.

Return to posts index

Mark SpencerRe: Motion Title dissapears after rendering in FCP
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 1:25:43 pm

I would suspect a missing or corrupted font. Use FontBook to check and make sure the font you are using is installed at the Computer level, not just the use level. And then resolve duplicates and validate your fonts (both are commands in FontBook).

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Sandra MunyanshozaRe: Motion Title dissapears after rendering in FCP
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 2:23:14 pm

Thanks for the quick response!

All my fonts are installed at Computer Level. I did a conflict check, but no conflicts occurred. For some reason the color bar in FCP turns red now instead of orange. But still, if I render, the title is missing...

Return to posts index

zak pericRe: Motion Title dissapears after rendering in FCP
by on Aug 26, 2011 at 3:19:34 pm

Render the title In apple motion and bring in a baked movie. Or uninstall and reinstall the font you are using and try again. For me the quickest thing to do is to bring in a title baked movie with alpha channel and composit it in FCP. I hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Sandra MunyanshozaRe: Motion Title dissapears after rendering in FCP
by on Aug 27, 2011 at 11:50:26 am

I reinstalled the font. Apparently, it was missing its suitcase. Everything works fine now. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]