APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Video transitions on motion title

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andy CrowsonVideo transitions on motion title
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 3:35:44 pm

Hi,

I've dragged and dropped my motion title onto the FCP6 pro timeline, butted up my first bit of footage, then tried to add a dip to colour dissolve between the two, but the transition doesn't straddle both clips - the second of which I have sent to motion to add some titles as well. I've tried other transitions, but with the same result. Is it something about motion titles?

Thanks,

Andy

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Video transitions on motion title
by on Aug 21, 2011 at 11:43:54 pm

Are you sure you have sufficient handles on the outgoing and incoming media to include the transition?

Noah

40% discount for Creative Cow users with code ccow2011 at Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Andy CrowsonRe: Video transitions on motion title
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 8:36:12 am

The motion title is three seconds long, taken from the middle of the 10 seconds of the original - plenty of handle room there; the film clip sent to motion to add text is similar - taken from the middle of the original clip. The odd thing is, I've tried the first motion title abutting another clip and the transition goes in place ok; when I put the motion title next to the film clip sent to motion to add add some text, and I hover over the join between the two with the transition, it shows that it 'seems to be happy' to go on the film clip part, as it highlights in brown on that side, with no brown highlighting on the motion clip, and when I release the mouse the transition defaults to a fraction of a second - but clearly there's not a problem with the motion clip itself as I've just used it with another clip of film... Any ideas?

Andy

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Video transitions on motion title
by on Aug 22, 2011 at 5:33:27 pm

Can you do a screenshot of your screen and post here? Hard to tell whether it's a media limits issue or something else going on.

Noah

40% discount for Creative Cow users with code ccow2011 at Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]