APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Font Switch

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Fitzer
Font Switch
on Aug 4, 2011 at 3:44:11 pm

Hello:
To preface, I'm working in Motion 4 and FCP 7. I've just completed a :30 kinetic typography spot. It looks great in Motion, however, when I bring the project into FCP to add v/o, music and sfx, Final Cut does something strange. After rendering, I noticed in two specific instances that my has been changed. Where in Motion I had used a scripty flourishy font in a couple of sections, FCP has now substituted something very helvetica-like. Can someone please tell me why this happens and what I can do to correct it?
Thanx,
Evan Fitzer
CFJC TV7 Kamloops, BC

Evan Fitzer
Kamloops, BC

Return to posts index

Brendan Gibbons
Re: Font Switch
on Aug 4, 2011 at 7:14:55 pm

I believe fcp does not share the same exact list of fonts as Motion. So incases where it does not have it, font substitution takes place.

You would think that they would have the same fonts wouldt you!

Cheers,

BG

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Aug 4, 2011 at 7:24:18 pm

It is likely that either you don't have the font at the Computer level, just the user level, or it is corrupted. Either can be checked/fixed in FonBook.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Evan Fitzer
on Aug 4, 2011 at 7:59:52 pm

Mark:
Thank you. Yes, I somehow found the font I'd used squirrelled away in an iWorks folder. I opened Font Book, checked 'computer' imported all the fonts in the iWorks folder into Font Book, and now Final Cut sees that font. Why Motion could see it in the first place is still a mystery, however, all is well now. Much appreciated.
Evan

Evan Fitzer
Kamloops, BC

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]