APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

M5 Keyframe Copy/Paste Bug and Workaround

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Smith
M5 Keyframe Copy/Paste Bug and Workaround
on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:01:51 am

It drove me crazy not to be able to copy keyframes in the keyframe editor and past them elsewhere on the keyframe timeline. I reviewed the Help instructions and they were no different from Motion 4.

I'm a keyboard guy and that was my downfall as it turns out. I was pressing CMD-C and CMD-V to copy and paste keyframes. To catch up those who don't yet know, you can go into the keyframe editor, put the playhead where you want to PASTE keyframes then using the arrow tool (edit selection tool I think. I'm not in front of M5 right now), lasso or select the keyframes you want to copy. Once they are highlighted, it's simply CMD-C, CMD-V. The highlighted keyframes are copied and magically appear where the playhead is. At least that was how it was in Motion 4.

But it wouldn't work in Motion 5.

That is, until I broke my convention and instead of pressing CMD-C I went to the Edit Menu > Copy. THEN pressing CMD-V worked! So, in Motion 5, CMD-C is non-functional (in the Keyframe editor anyway.. I don't know about elsewhere) even though the menu item for Copy is CMD-C.

I traced this problem by checking checking with the Edit menu to see if 'Copy' was still greyed out when I tried ways to Copy the keyframes I wanted to paste elsewhere. Only when I did the Copy through the Edit menu did the 'Copy' became full opacity and not greyed out.

Don Smith
NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: M5 Keyframe Copy/Paste Bug and Workaround
on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:12:49 am

Don I think it may be an issue with your system or install because copy-paste with the shortcut keys works fine on my machine.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Don Smith
on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:19:30 am

Well, rats. Thought I was contributing something. But that revelation makes me wonder if the other problems I've been asking about are isolated to my installation. Thanks Mark. Sorry you're up so early there in Cali-forni-i-a.

Don

NewsVideo.com

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
on Jul 30, 2011 at 11:20:40 am

I'm actually currently in Delaware where it's a reasonable hour :-)

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]