APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion 5 Hangs (beach ball) when selecting a movie file in File Browser

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Skip HarrisMotion 5 Hangs (beach ball) when selecting a movie file in File Browser
by on Jul 26, 2011 at 9:05:55 pm

Using the file browser in Motion 5, select a movie file (any type of movie file) Motion hangs. Even occurs when trying to select a folder that contains any movie files. After selecting a movie in about 30 seconds the clip details will appear at the top of the file browser, but the video is never displayed in the small preview window. No problems when selecting any pictures or audio files. Also, can drag any of these same movie clips with the Finder into Motion and they play with no issue. Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Jay CarrRe: Motion 5 Hangs (beach ball) when selecting a movie file in File Browser
by on Jul 27, 2011 at 3:22:48 pm

Report the bug to Apple. I was having an issues with .psd files from CS 5 and I called AppleCare about it. They forwarded me to their "Creative Team", who tried to talk me through it. They were useless, but in their defense Motion 5 had been out all of 2 days. They contacted me a week ago though asking for the file and a description of the problem. Apparently the bug was reported to the developers and they wanted the files so they could test it themselves and try and fix the problem. Nice of them...

Return to posts index

Skip HarrisRe: Motion 5 Hangs (beach ball) when selecting a movie file in File Browser
by on Jul 29, 2011 at 3:59:08 pm

Since I was having the problem after migrating to Lion, worked okay in Snow Leopard, decided to start the migration over. Using FCS Remover I removed everything having to do with Final Cut, old and new, from my backup partition. Did a fresh install of Lion on another partition then used Migration Assistant to once again bring everything forward. Then reinstalled FCPx, Motion 5 and Compressor 4. I may have yet undiscovered new problems, but this problem is gone.

I am going to hold off on reinstalling Final Cut Studio until if/when I need to revisit an older project. Like most I was not happy with the abrupt killing of the Final Cut that we know. However, Apple has once again made a decission for us. We either decide to accept and embrace or move on. Because there are things I like about the new FCPx and Motion combination we are holding hands. Yet to be seen if we do a full embrace.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]