APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Should I reposition text and graphics after project settings change?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roli RivelinoShould I reposition text and graphics after project settings change?
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 9:16:58 pm

This is following on from my last export/output dilemma, but is not a re-post.

My problem was after export, everything was getting squashed from the sides so my circles became long ovals, my project is all 2D animation, with lights added and an H.264 Cantasia movie bolted on.

I've been messing around with output and project settings, my project was originally DVCPRO 720 24p the pixel aspect was 720 HD TV, I changed this to square.

Doing this change did sort out my circles and they now come out as circles, but now text that was perfectly lined up before is now out of place and the video seems cropped in.

Is it a case of I should have sorted out the pixel aspect before I started the project and thus should now reposition my text?

Or is there another fix for this, can I get my circles to output as circles without messing up any other part of the video?

Many thanks

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: Should I reposition text and graphics after project settings change?
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:26:37 pm

Pretty much a fact of life- project settings alter the whole project but the individual layers are not aware of the change. You may have better results creating a new empty project and cutting and pasting all layers from the original version rather than resizing the whole original. Then again it really depends on the project. You'll likely need to redo some work.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Roli RivelinoRe: Should I reposition text and graphics after project settings change?
by on Jul 25, 2011 at 10:51:06 pm

OK thanks Noah, also I noticed something else, that when I did get the circles right, one of the live fonts I used was all messed up and kind blocky glitches all around it.

Do you know what settings effect that?

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100