APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion key frames not working quite the way they should.

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roli RivelinoMotion key frames not working quite the way they should.
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:13:08 pm

I'm working on a sequence and I've got to the point where I want to add a motion path to a circle and a letter within a circle.

I'm not sure whether this affects it or not, but I'll mention that I've added lights and therefore moved from 2d to 3d.

The motion path is simple it's from the middle of the screen to the left.

I clicked on my circle, then added the motion path behaviour, I adjusted the pink bar to where I wanted it to take effect, then adjusted the length of the red motion line to exactly where I wanted it.

With my play head on the correct frame I added a key frame in the properties tab in the inspector, then put my play head where I wanted it to end and added a 2nd key frame.

However when I play the clip, the circle moves to the correct point, but then keeps on creeping off to the left and I can't figure why, the pink motion bar on the timeline is tiny and I thought the effect is meant to stop once the play head has past the point of the end of the bar.

What am I doing wrong please?

Many thanks

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index

Zach ShoreRe: Motion key frames not working quite the way they should.
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 5:02:02 pm

Are you saying that you are adding a Motion Path behavior to move the objects and then you are adding keyframes too? What is the parameter you are adding keyframes to? It sounds like you are using the behavior and keyframing. This isn't needed. For a simple move, just apply the behavior, adjust or add control points to modify the path and then trim the behavior length for timing. That's the point of the behavior, no keyframes needed.

"You can come push the buttons, or you can let me do my job."

Return to posts index

Roli RivelinoRe: Motion key frames not working quite the way they should.
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 7:47:27 pm

Yes I added key frames, because the motion path didn't work the way I expected.

I did as you suggest and moved the points and adjusted it to where I wanted to begin and end, but after the shape was meant to stop, it carried on drifting slightly to the left and I couldn't work out why so I tried key framing.

I got round it by using a different behaviour (throw), but I'd like to know what I was doing wrong, though I realise without seeing the project and all of my steps you may not be able to answer that.

http://www.rolirivelino.com/

System
Mac Pro 2.8Gb quad core
8Gb RAM
1x 320Gb 7200 hardrive
1x 1Tb 7200 hardrive
Nvidia Geforce 8800 512mb Graphics card
1x 1Tb external WD 'My Book' eSata

Equipment
Panasonic AG-HVX 200
Firestore FS-100

Return to posts index

Zach ShoreRe: Motion key frames not working quite the way they should.
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 11:35:32 pm

If you can post an example of the project I'd be happy to take a look.

"You can come push the buttons, or you can let me do my job."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]