APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Motion tracking vignette?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christopher TravisMotion tracking vignette?
by on Jul 20, 2011 at 3:32:02 pm

Hello all,

I am trying to add a blue vignette to some footage of a person on a white background. The colour of the vignette has to match precise brand requirements, and is in fact a gradient, darker at the top, and lighter at the bottom.

In order to achieve this I have added an image mask to my footage, and dropped the "radial gradient" into that, and placed the client-provided blue gradient beneath the footage.

Now, I would like this vignette to act more like a spotlight, following and highlighting the subject as they move around the screen and I figured the best way to achieve this would be to use motion tracking. However, after analysing the motion of my subjects head, I realised I have no idea how to translate this into movement of my vignette.

It occurs to me that I may have to go about creating this vignette in a completely different way in order to be able to use my motion tracking data. Is this the case? If so, what would people recommend?

Thanks
Chris

Return to posts index

Zach ShoreRe: Motion tracking vignette?
by on Jul 20, 2011 at 4:30:29 pm

You can easily apply your tracking data to the vignette filter.

If you've used the Analyze Motion Behavior:
-Apply the Parameter Track behavior to the clip.
-Select the Parameter Track behavior and to go the Inspector
-In the source parameter, on the right is a drop down menu with a gear. Select that and you will see your analyze behavior, select it.
-At the bottom is the "Apply to" parameter, select the "To" drop down on the right and navigate to Filter>Vignette>Center>All

This will link the Track parameter to your analyze motion behavior.

In the future, you can do this with just the track parameter behavior:
-Apply your filter (must have a center point parameter).
-Right-Click the center point a you will see a pop-up that says "Track"
This applies the Parameter track behavior to your filter, wires it up correctly and then you can track the clip with the Track Parameter behavior, no Analyze behavior required.

"You can come push the buttons, or you can let me do my job."

Return to posts index

Christopher TravisRe: Motion tracking vignette?
by on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:17:45 am

Thanks for the response.

I haven't had a chance to try it out properly yet as I've been scrambled onto another project but when I get back to this one I will give it a try and let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]