APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Freeze Frame in Apple Motion 4

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erica James
Freeze Frame in Apple Motion 4
on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:03:45 pm

Ok. I have a series of video clips in one motion project. I want each clip to zoom to a certain spot but instead of disappearing because the video is over, I want the clip to just stay stationary in the spot it zoomed to. Seems like a simple thing but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this.

Return to posts index

Mark Spencer
Re: Freeze Frame in Apple Motion 4
on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:07:26 pm

In the Properties Inspector, change the End Condition to Hold. Trim as long as you want.

--
Mark Spencer
Freelance Producer/Editor/Motion Graphics Artist
Apple-certified Master Trainer
Author, Motion 4 from Peachpit Press
http://www.applemotion.net

Return to posts index

Erica James
on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:19:50 pm

Thank you! I got the video to stay in place by dragging it to the end of the project. But I used a grow/shrink behavior and although I didn't drag the behavior with the clip and although its now stationary its changing back to its original size. I need it to remain small after it shrinks.

By the way I am new to this and very nice to meet you! I am learning Motion now with your book Designing and Animating Motion Graphics in Final Cut Studio. I am only in the middle of chapter six now. I just bought the book last week.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:25:46 pm

The grow/shrink behavior does not have an ease in ease out ability. I would recommend you use keyframes instead.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Erica James
on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:55:58 pm

ah ok. Unfortunately I am so new with Motion and have not used keyframes yet but I will try it. I'm so close I just need this one last thing to work!

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 11, 2011 at 7:06:38 pm

Take a look at this video tutorial, it talks a little on how to do keyframes.

Creating a Hologram.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Erica James
on Jul 11, 2011 at 8:35:50 pm

That tutorial was helpful. Should I just make keyframes and keep scaling it down at each one ?

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 11, 2011 at 8:42:50 pm

I thought you wanted it to say start at 100% and then scale down to say 60% scale and then hold at 60% scale. To do that you need to create a scale keyframe at 100. Then move down the time line to where the movement stops and create another keyframe and change the scale to 60. The scale while come to a nice stop because it defaults to a bezier curve. Hope this helps.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Erica James
on Jul 11, 2011 at 8:51:10 pm

Oh ok. Yeah I was actually making it more difficult than it probably was. I also applied a motion path behavior and it seems to work perfectly except it moves so slowly anyway to make it speed up?

Return to posts index

Erica James
on Jul 11, 2011 at 8:52:51 pm

The custom speed is hidden and wont let me use it.

Return to posts index

Stephen Smith
on Jul 11, 2011 at 6:10:03 pm

You can add a Hold Frame behavior. Or you can select your clip. Hit F1 to open up the properties tab and go down to the timing area, if you cant see it click on the timing discloser triangle. Go to End Condition and choose Hold. In the timeline hover the cursor over the end of the clip and it will change from an arrow. Click and drag to extend the clip. every thing after it is froZen. or you can change the duration in the duration option in the timing section. Hope this helps and best of luck.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]