APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Text following a replicator to create a boxed background???

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jimmylee Remillard
Text following a replicator to create a boxed background???
on Jul 11, 2011 at 3:36:41 pm

Hello Cow,

I have been twisting my mind around this all morning. I know there are several ways to make textures become an outline and I also could just do it letter by letter but I think there is a way to make it so as I type each letter another box appears. Well enough talking, let me show you what I mean.

http://www.motionvfx.com/products/templates/ogv/125595547735785400.ogv

At around 6-7 seconds the text letters have boxes around them, how can I make this procedural? I would like the boxes to appear as I type a new letter.

bonus: I don't think there is a way but also if anyone knows how to make boxes move up as another one grows (as seen in the first few seconds of the sample) that would be awesome too!

If no one can figure it out, I'll just buy the template and see what he has done. The Motion VFX guys are awesome.

Jimmylee Remillard
Partner / Production Manager
iMotion Video Corp.

Return to posts index

Jay Carr
Re: Text following a replicator to create a boxed background???
on Jul 11, 2011 at 10:13:39 pm

I would think you could make this work by using a glow effect that was cropped at a certain point. Might that work? You could just use an invisible border to create the bounding box, and then use a colored glow to fill in the area around the letter inside of the box.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]