APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Changing color of a Layer from a .psd in Motion 5

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael BentonChanging color of a Layer from a .psd in Motion 5
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 9:24:03 pm

I am new to motion and graphics in general and have learned how to create a .psd and bring it into motion from pixelmator with it's layers. I have also figured out the basics of publishing to FCP X

Here is my question:

I want to add a rig that allows me to change the color of one of the layers to anything I want. I can't find anything that simply let's me change the color other than very complicated Color Filters that only manipulate the color of the original .psd layer.

Help?

Return to posts index

Andy NeilRe: Changing color of a Layer from a .psd in Motion 5
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:24:04 pm

You can add a colorize filter to the layer whose color you want to be able to manipulate. Then publish the parameters for the colorize filter in FCP. Then you should be able to change the color to anything you want inside FCP X.

Andy

http://www.timesavertutorials.com

Return to posts index

Michael BentonRe: Changing color of a Layer from a .psd in Motion 5
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:44:03 pm

Thanks Andy. Being new to graphics I just don't understand why it won't let me just change the color with one color picker tool :).

What I did is used the colorize filter that you recommended and changed my .psd layer to white. Then I figured out that I have to change both the black and white 'remap' in the colorize filter to the exact same color to get what I need. Now to test out my rigging skills.

Thanks much, Andy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]