APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

making sweat cascade down cleavage...

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Westmaking sweat cascade down cleavage...
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 6:12:45 pm

People:
I am shooting a trailer for the play "Nine".
cltc.org
18 women and 1 man.
Little bit of sensuality going on. (duh!)
Among the images I want to include is a drop of sweat slowly running down some cleavage, a leg, a shoulder, the side of a head (there is lots of dancing, so sweat is integral and not gratuitous).
Should the actresses not be amenable to my using a spray bottle or eye dropper to manufacture said drop, is there a way to use Motion 4 to create a drop running down the above-mentioned appendages?
Thanks for your help on this, and all the help you have provided in the past.
Michael

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: making sweat cascade down cleavage...
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 6:20:53 pm

It would be a lot easier doing it for reals. If you can't then I would shoot the Water on a black background and then use a blend mode to put them together. I can't remember but I think it is the Add blend mode that you are after. You can try building it in motion but I think it will not look real enough.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Michael WestRe: making sweat cascade down cleavage...
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 6:36:43 pm

Stephen:
If the actresses balk, I will say "But Stephen Smith said it is to be so. Fetch the water!"

Kidding of course.

If need be, are there any areas in Motion 4 (generators, image units, particles, etc.) that I should look to play around with?
Even us noobs might make discoveries.

Thanks again for all you do, have done, and will probably continue to do.

Michael

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: making sweat cascade down cleavage...
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 7:16:01 pm

I'd think you'd discuss that during casting and get it in writing. And if not- hire stunt cleavage. Don't waste your time making a cheesy effect in Motion. Just comb your hair, pop a breath mint and ask politely.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

Michael WestRe: making sweat cascade down cleavage...
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 8:05:28 pm

I just got the call last week to help out their promo efforts.
Fortunately, I've acted with most of the women in the cast, so there shouldn't be any trust issues.
I just wanted to see if there is any way to do this sort of thing in Motion, not necessarily just for this project but also going forward.
Thanks.
Michael

Return to posts index

Noah KadnerRe: making sweat cascade down cleavage...
by on Jul 6, 2011 at 10:56:19 pm

Sure you could always fake up something with particles.

Noah

Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]