APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Copy keyframes from track to group

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
patrick harperCopy keyframes from track to group
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 9:56:17 am

Hi,

This seems to be a simple question but I can't seem to figure it out.

Is it possible to copy a track's keyframes and apply them to a group?

I have a clip doing a simple positional move but now realise I need to apply that move to other tracks. I guess I could copy the keyframes to each track but I'd prefer to put them all in one group and just apply the keyframes to that.

Thanks!

Patrick

Return to posts index

patrick harperRe: Copy keyframes from track to group
by on Jul 1, 2011 at 11:16:59 am

Ah, am I right in thinking that I need to insert a keyframe on the group's parameters before copying the track's existing keyframes onto them?

That seems to work but appears slightly long-winded?

Return to posts index

Zach ShoreRe: Copy keyframes from track to group
by on Jul 7, 2011 at 10:39:26 pm

I don't know if you worked this out yet, but you have a couple of options:

1. Drag and drop the parameter with keyframes to the layer you want to apply it to. Just go to the inspector select the parameter ( say position) and drag it to another layer.

2. For the parameter you want to copy, click the arrow on the right side of the parameter and select "Show in Keyframe editor". From here you can click and drag to select the keyframes and then select another another layer and paste.

3. You could also use the Match Move behavior.

this applies to layers or groups. You don't have to insert any keyframes to the target layer by the way. Just do a good old copy and past. There you go, 3 ways to skin a cat!

"You can come push the buttons, or you can let me do my job."

Return to posts index

patrick harperRe: Copy keyframes from track to group
by on Jul 12, 2011 at 9:06:22 am

Thanks for your help, Zach.

I've tried each option and learned the following:

1. Drag and drop the parameter with keyframes to the layer you want to apply it to. Just go to the inspector select the parameter ( say position) and drag it to another layer.
This applies the keyframes not to the group but to only the top layer in the group.

2. For the parameter you want to copy, click the arrow on the right side of the parameter and select "Show in Keyframe editor". From here you can click and drag to select the keyframes and then select another another layer and paste.
This works but only if I add a keyframe to the group first and then paste.

3. You could also use the Match Move behavior.
I didn't get around to trying this!

I don't know why I seem to have to insert a keyframe before being able to paste keyframes to a group but it works anyhow so that's all I care about.

Thanks again for your time and advice with this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]