APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Volume Licensing?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
PJ Palomaki
Volume Licensing?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 11:10:12 am

I posted this in Final Cut Pro X forum already but thought would be good to post it here as well:

So how does running multiple copies of Motion work in practice? If you have, let's say 5 editing stations, would you have to have 5 Apple IDs and each have Motion 5 purchased? Or is there a way to say "I want to be able to run 5 copies of Motion 5 on this Apple ID" and then use the same Apple ID on each machine? How is the usage limited in the software - the same as old FC Studio where it gives "Protection Error" and quits if more than one copy is running?

Would really appreciate an answer!

Thanks,
PJ

Return to posts index

Alan McCormick
Re: Volume Licensing?
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:10:39 pm

Just to try out your theory question I have Motion 5 installed on a MacBook Pro and a MacPro - both downloaded with the same Apple ID etc.

Just opened both up at the same time and edited at the same time, no conflicts or messages.

In real life my brain can't work on both machines at the same time but thought I would try out your theory.

No idea about 5 mind you and any restrictions on other things.

Alan

Return to posts index

PJ Palomaki
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:14:37 pm

This is excellent news. Thanks for testing - I hope it works the same on more than 2 computers using same ID.

Oh just one question, I assume they were both on same network (wired or wireless)?

Return to posts index

Alan McCormick
on Jun 22, 2011 at 3:34:20 pm

Networked - on a wired network at the moment.

Return to posts index

Zach Shore
on Jun 29, 2011 at 10:49:43 pm

I just saw this today: http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/faq/

You can come push the buttons or you can let me do my job.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]