APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Stick Figure Animation

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jay Carr
Stick Figure Animation
on Jun 20, 2011 at 3:35:39 pm

So, I have a stick figure that I created. It has about 9 pieces to it, and they are all linked together in a way that allows me to animate them by moving a few key pieces.

I have my master stick figure, but I want to be able to make a bunch of other stick figures for use in different scenes.

As would make sense, there are some animations I would like to only have to do once (like walking for example) because it involves the manipulations of every single rotational axis. So, I was hoping to make a bunch of animations on the master stick figure, and then I could just copy them to my other stick figures as I copy them out of the master.

There is one big problem though, I can't figure out how to cut and paste that many keyframes properly. Does anyone know how to copy all the keyframes from one set of objects to another? Is it even possible?

Baring that, does anyone have an idea for an alternative work flow. I'm kind of stumped.

Return to posts index

Jason Watson
Re: Stick Figure Animation
on Jun 25, 2011 at 3:38:01 am

Jay-

Instead of copying a bunch of keyframes, it might make more sense to just replace the individual objects that comprise the stick figures.

What I mean is make a copy of the master, and then replace the left arm with the new character's left arm, the right arm with the new right arm, etc. You'll probably have to do some repositioning, but it might be easier in the long run. (You can even drag and drop from the file browser onto the layers you want to change which is nice.)

Barring that, I've found that to copy a bunch of keyframes from one object to another, it is often easiest to already have the keyframe parameters you are going to copy (i.e., position, rotation, etc.) already with some kind of keyframed value. In the Keyframe editor, just select any individual point and then paste the copied keyframes.

At least that's been my experience.

Jason Watson
http://deviantmonk.com

Return to posts index

ubaid lof
Re: Stick Figure Animation
on Jan 31, 2015 at 12:06:43 pm

Hi,

you can try these 4 free stick figure animation software easily make quality stick figure animation, URL: http://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best-free-stick-figure-animation-software...

regards

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]