APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

All my paint strokes are starting from frame 1... I want each stroke to play in order. Is this possible and how?

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Aein
All my paint strokes are starting from frame 1... I want each stroke to play in order. Is this possible and how?
on Jun 9, 2011 at 9:02:58 pm

I am trying to do an animated paint reveal of a hand drawn picture that is already finished. The problem I am running in to is that I can do lots of paint strokes but they don't play back one after another, they all start from the beginning of the timeline.

Is there any setting or technique that would allow me to record the paint strokes in order without having to manually move each stroke in the timeline?

Thanks
B

Return to posts index

Gareth Randall
Re: All my paint strokes are starting from frame 1... I want each stroke to play in order. Is this possible and how?
on Jun 10, 2011 at 5:39:38 am

For some reason I thought you could do that by turning on keyframe recording, playing the project, and then drawing in real time, but it still starts every stroke on frame 1.

Still, it's pretty quick and easy to slide each stroke to the right start point in the timeline, isn't it?

Return to posts index

Simon Ubsdell
Re: All my paint strokes are starting from frame 1... I want each stroke to play in order. Is this possible and how?
on Jun 10, 2011 at 12:25:04 pm

You can get round this problem by resetting the preferences - go to the Project Pane and select Create Layers at Current Frame (rather than start of Project which is what you've obviously got selected).

However, you should try out the Write-on option for this as it's a really easy and controllable way of achieving what you're trying to do. Open up the Paint Stroke HUD and select Write On and draw across the area that you want to reveal/hide. You can then edit the results very powerfully in the Behaviours tab for that stroke. I think you'll get far better result that way than trying to hand animate it - smoother anyway, if that's what you're going for.

Simon Ubsdell
Director/Editor/Writer
http://www.tokyo-uk.com

Return to posts index

Adamo Maisano
on Jun 17, 2011 at 5:57:26 pm

Would there be any way to then replicate that written-on path AND sequence it so each of the replicated paths write-on one after another? That would be amazing if possible...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]