APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Finger writing in the sky

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anja Schuetz
Finger writing in the sky
on May 25, 2011 at 8:19:14 am

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to track a finger that writes something in the air and from the finger should appear writing like a trail. I have already done the tracking and used the motion on an emitter. Works good. The line appears as the finger moves, but I would like to make the writing look like chalk and not like little dots. I was thinking about the write on behaviour, but it is not possible to throw it on the emitter. Is it possible to convert the tracked motion in an object? I have tried to copy the keyframes (using convert to keyframes) it to a bezier form, but I could not make the write on behaviour work. Oh P.S.: I know that I have to use outline and airbrush to get the chalk look but how do I assign this to my tracked motion?
Thanks already!
Anja

Return to posts index

zak peric
Re: Finger writing in the sky
on May 25, 2011 at 4:44:24 pm

To be honest I never done anything like this. I would also say nothing is impossible, however I have not seen anybody do what you are asking.
Maybe see this tutorial and see if there is a way to manipulate your particle stroke in a way that looks like a charcoal.
http://www.motionsmarts.com/tutorials/finger/finger.html
Best of luck...

Return to posts index

Andrew Wilson
on May 25, 2011 at 4:47:38 pm

I'm just thinking out loud here but what if you used the path you converted to make your final written image and make it by applying the brush that most closely resembles what you're looking for.

Then use the same motion tracking to create just a fat brush outline and use that as a mask layer to the finished artwork group.

What's your real problem... getting the drawn-on artwork to look right or the actual drawing it on?

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 31, 2011 at 7:53:22 pm

If you can't get the chalk look in motion (though I think there should be a way, just haven't hit upon it yet), the fix could be to create your cloudy writing using brushes in photoshop, bring it ino Motion as a layer with alpha, and use the same tracking behaviors you already have to uncover/reveal the layer as you go. You'll be able to adjust the size adn shape etc. of the photoshop graphioc to fit what you've already made pretty well, I should think, with keyframing parameters. Should get you done by deadline, anyway.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 31, 2011 at 9:14:14 pm

Found your chalky writing in motion 3:

First, create a letter or word shape with the bezier tool, click on the finished shape to highlight it, then go:
Inspector>Shape tab>Style sub tab>little icon in gray bar at top that says "shape style". Cllck that, find chalk and other cloud-like styles in Traditional and other categories.

Return to posts index

Anja Schuetz
on Jun 16, 2011 at 6:43:06 am

Thank you all for your comments it was really helpful!!!
Thanks Anja

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]