APPLE MOTION: Motion Forum Motion Tutorials FCP Legacy FCP Tutorials

Virtual Stage

COW Forums : Apple Motion

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen SmithVirtual Stage
by on May 9, 2011 at 3:25:31 pm

Gang, I created this virtual stage video in Motion. I think it really shows the power of Motion's capabilities. I hope you enjoy this sample of Motion in the real world.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Check out my Motion Training DVD

Check out my Motion Tutorials

Return to posts index

Josh PaulsonRe: Virtual Stage
by on May 11, 2011 at 1:28:11 pm

Very cool! That must be a huge camera crane to get those shots over the crowd. The paint looks fantastic also. Glad I didn't have to clean that up.

An editor's work is never complete. It is only abandoned when time has been exhausted. - paraphrase from Leo da Vinci

Return to posts index

Jimmylee RemillardRe: Virtual Stage
by on May 12, 2011 at 3:25:42 am

That it very cool. Did you use the partical system to spread out the people as one would in after effects or did you go about it another way? Either way this is solid stuff cant wait for Motion 5

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Virtual Stage
by on May 12, 2011 at 3:10:46 pm

We shot a group of people on our green screen. Then I used the replicator to make the crowd super big. With the stage built from scratch and other things the replicator really bogged down Motion. I ended up deleting the replicated crowd and just duplicating them and placing them only in areas that they would be seen during the camera move. I think this project pushed Motion to a braking point. So I had to come up with a few work arounds. I feel / hope the next version will have those problems worked out. All in all I'm happy I did it in Motion and felt it turned out great.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

Andrew WilsonRe: Virtual Stage
by on May 17, 2011 at 12:59:05 pm

That's very good work... I'm most interested in the last effect where the paint is thrown and mixed and falls away - Can you share your secrets on that one? The paint doesn't look real enough to be actual footage but it behaves in a way that I didn't think motion was capable of doing - it looks more like Cinema4D work to me.

Andrew Wilson
WestView Digital Video & Design
http://www.westviewdigital.com

Return to posts index

Jimmylee RemillardRe: Virtual Stage
by on May 17, 2011 at 1:44:36 pm

I'm pretty sure that's real footage with some color effects on it.

Return to posts index

Stephen SmithRe: Virtual Stage
by on May 17, 2011 at 2:32:08 pm

It is real paint shot with the Phantom camera. It is a part of the Compositor's Toolkit Vol 1.

Stephen Smith
Utah Video Productions

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]